Everything You Need to Know for Camp Telos 2016!
Camp Telos is a little over a week away (WHAAAA?!), so it’s time to fill you in on all important pre-camp deets:
- Where we’re going:
Hy-Lake Christian Camp
500 Hy-Lake Lane
Quebeck, TN 38579
- Departure day: We will be having a Pizza/Baggage/Registration Party here at Woodmont at 12pm on June 19th. Right after church, head down to the Teen Center to register for camp, turn in any medication (more info below), and fill up on pizza. Then at 1:00 we will all head up to the parking lot and load the buses, which will depart promptly at 1:30pm for Hy-Lake!
- Medical releases: Some of you still have not turned in an updated, notarized medical release form. If this applies to you, camp registration will be your last opportunity to turn one in. No student will be allowed on the buses to leave for camp until we have this document! (Everyone who does not have an up-to-date medical release on file has been contacted in the last few weeks, but if you aren’t sure, please email me and ask!) Vicki Wilson has graciously agreed to attend registration and notarize any last minute medical forms, but parents MUST present their photo ID at the time of signing. No parents signing for other parents!
- Luggage requirements: To make things simple and easy to remember, we are sticking with TSA guidelines on luggage this year –students may bring one 50 pound bag/trunk plus one “carry-on” item (i.e. backpack, purse, etc.). We’re cramming about 100 students and all of your luggage onto two 55-passenger buses plus one cargo van, so space is going to be tight! Pack only the essentials, which can be found on the pack list below.
- Medication: All medication must be clearly labeled (including instructions for use) and turned in to our camp nurse, Jennifer Weber, at registration. Any student caught with drugs not prescribed to them will have the drugs confiscated and will be sent home from camp immediately.
- Pack List: See below.
- We will be arriving back at Woodmont at 1:00pm on Friday, June 24th. We are looking for volunteers who are not attending camp to help us unload everything when we get back. Let me know if you would be willing to help!
- There WILL be class downstairs on the morning of June 19th. Most of our adult volunteers (and all staff) will already be at camp, but Kip Stone has volunteered to lead the teen service.
- There is going to be an awesome surprise event happening the last night of camp that will present the opportunity for students to make small, fun purchases. We invite students to bring $10-$20 cash to camp in case you want to purchase something at this surprise event, but this is in NO way mandatory and you will still be able to fully participate in the surprise if you do not bring any money. So add $10-$20 to your pack list, only if you want to!
Please do not hesitate to contact us by email, phone, or text with any remaining questions you might have. We are thrilled to have each and every one of you at camp this year! SO much time, energy, and manpower has gone into planning for this week, and it’s going to be amazing!
Camp Telos 2016 Packing List
What to bring:
- Pen and notepad
- Pillow, twin sheets/blanket OR sleeping bag
- Toiletries, something to carry them in to the bathhouse
- 2 Towels – shower and swimming
- Bug/Tick repellent spray
- Clothes – you may want to pack a few extra sets in case of rain
- Swimsuit – for girls: one piece or two piece that shows no midriff, even with arms raised
- Athletic shoes
- Shower shoes
- Fan (plus extension cord and/or power strip if you have them)
- Dirty clothes bag
- Optional $10-$20 for a special secret event
Please do not bring:
- Electronic devices
- Alcohol/tobacco/illegal things
- Weapons (including knives)
**All cell phones must be left in cabins for the entirety of the week. Any cell phone seen outside of a cabin will be confiscated until the end of camp!