Workcamp 2015 Info
Workcamp begins Sunday, May 31st in the Great Hall at Woodmont. Woodmont students will need to check-in starting at 4pm. The activities start at 4:30, and dinner starts at 5pm.
7:30 AM Woodmont students check in
8:00 AM Morning Wake-UP (Great Hall at Woodmont)
9:00 AM Work at Sites
NOON Lunch at Sites (Bring your own lunches)
3:00 PM Return to Woodmont/Afternoon Pick-up
(Students are strongly encouraged to go home or go to a friend’s home to shower during this break. Let us know if this is not possible for your family.)
6:00 PM Evening Meal/Worship at Lipscomb Academy or Woodmont (LA: Mon.-Thurs. — Woodmont: Fri.)
8:00 PM Wrap Up/Pick up from Lipscomb or Woodmont
Workcamp concludes at Woodmont on Friday night, June 6th, with an informal banquet, home owner testimonies, and a period of praise & thanksgiving. We expect to conclude by 8:30pm on Friday night.
- Lunches are not provided and need to be packed for each day. Put the lunch in a plastic bag with the camper’s name on it, because lunches will be kept on ice in coolers along with the other members of the crew. (Often, crew leaders will plan to go somewhere to eat lunch one day during the week. Make sure your camper lets you know about this, so you can send money instead of a lunch.)
- Campers will get paint on their clothes, plan accordingly.
- Campers must wear closed-toe shoes, no exceptions.
- If a student has to miss a day, David and Jesse need to know so they can report to their crew leaders. However, we do not encourage students to miss time unless it is absolutely necessary.
- Each student will be responsible for bringing his/her own 4″ paint brush, spray bottle, heavy duty paint scraper, and work gloves.
- Wear sunscreen.
- If you have ladders we can borrow, please let us know. Ideally if you are able to transport the ladder to and from Woodmont yourself.
- During the afternoon break, we encourage families who live close and are able to pick up their campers to do so. If it’s not possible to arrange getting them home in the afternoon, please consider sending them with a friend that can be picked up. We’ll let you know if any other options become available.
- Nightly dinners are included in the cost.
- Crews consist of teens from various youth groups from around the region. Crew assignments are more-or-less randomly generated to create diversity. This provides a wonderful opportunity to make connections with teens outside of our youth group.
- Each crew will have around 10-20 campers and two or three crew leaders. There are also “sector leaders” that check in with crews throughout the day.
- If special arrangements need to be made to pick up or drop off a camper from their work site, be sure your camper gets their crew leaders’ contact information. They will receive the address of their work site along with their crew assignments on Sunday night.
Again, please comment below if you have any additional questions. Thank you!