6th Grade Girls’ Promise Class Info – Class Kick-off this Wednesday @ 6:30 in the Annex!
Dear Parents of 6th Grade Young Ladies,
Starting Sunday, March 8th at 9:00 in the West Wing, the Middle School Ministry will be offering a special class experience for our young ladies entitled, “Promise”. Leading our discussion will be Shelley Nance, Nancy Osman, Jenni Bowlin, and a few other guests. Our 6th grade LifeGuards will continue be a part of this class time as well.
We want to provide a class time for our girls to share and to discuss the awesome privilege it is to be a young woman of faith, integrity, purity and servant leadership. We want to provide an environment that will create a passion for God’s best in their lives. The curriculum materials used to facilitate our conversations are by Youth Specialties and author Jen Rawson.
This year, in addition to classes with the girls, we would like to offer a few classes especially for parents covering important topics in adolescence.
The schedule will be as follows:
- Wednesday, Feb. 25 – Class Kick-off for Mothers/Daughters (at church in the Annex 6:30-7:30)
- Sunday, April 5 – Easter Sunday (No Class)
- Sunday, April 12 – Class for Mothers: “Fostering Good Self-Esteem” with Jenni Bowlin & Melissa Gerlach
- Sunday, April 19 – Daddy/Daughter Class
- Sunday, April 26 – Class for All Parents: “Teens and Technology” with Jesse Baker
CLOSING PROMISE CEREMONY on SUNDAY, MAY 17, 10:30 a.m.
Parents, you will be invited to attend and participate in the special closing ceremony of your daughter’s “Promise” experience. We will send an invitation at the appropriate time.
Parents, we want to partner with you as you nurture the spiritual walk of your children. We consider it an honor to be on this journey with you.