Neighbors in Need: Siloam Health Clinic
Siloam is a nonprofit health clinic that serves the uninsured in our neighborhood. Located just up the street from our building, 88% of Siloam’s patients are refugees and immigrants who are new to our city, language, and culture. Fifty refugees are coming on Monday, and Siloam is in need of a few extra items. That’s where you come in!
If you’d like to help, please bring the following items to church tonight or Sunday morning…
- Large bottles of shampoo
- Bars of soap
- Adult toothbrushes
Those are the immediate needs they asked for, but other items they collect that you can also donate are…
- Bandaids (cartoon ones for the kids!)
- Children’s vitamins (chewy or gummy, preferably)
- Children’s books/coloring books (can be gently used)
- Small stuffed animals (must be new)
- Small Toys (Please nothing that represents weapons or violence as many of our refugee children are coming from war-torn countries)
Thanks for your help! You can give these items to me (Jesse) any time between now and Sunday, just let me know if you need to make special arrangements.