Workcamp begins Sunday, June 2rd and will be at Woodmont this year. Woodmont students will need to check in with Jesse or David starting at 4pm. The activities start at 4:30, and dinner starts at 5pm.
8:00 AM Morning Wake-UP (Great Hall at Woodmont)
9:00 AM Work at Sites
NOON Lunch at Sites (Bring your own lunches)
3:00 PM Return to Woodmont/Afternoon Pick-up
(Students are strongly encouraged to go home or go to a friend’s home to shower during this break, because we only have one shower at church. However, if they need to stay, they should make arrangements and bring soap, shampoo, change of clothes, etc. to shower at the building.)
6:00 PM Evening Meal/Worship at Lipscomb*
8:30 PM Wrap Up/Pick up from Woodmont/Go Home & Sleep!
Workcamp concludes at Lipscomb’s campus on Friday night, June 7th, with an informal banquet, media presentation, and a period of praise & thanksgiving. We expect to conclude by 9:00pm on Friday night.
- Each student will be responsible for bringing his/her own 4″ paint brush, spray bottle, heavy duty paint scraper, and work gloves.
- We will need to borrow ladders (step and extension) for the week, so if you have ladders we can borrow, please let us know.
- Lunches are not provided and need to be packed for each day. Put the lunch in a plastic bag with the camper’s name on it, because lunches will be kept on ice in coolers along with the other members of the crew. (Often, crew leaders will plan to go somewhere to eat lunch one day during the week. Make sure your camper lets you know about this, so you can send money instead of a lunch.)
- Campers will get paint on their clothes, plan accordingly.
- Campers must wear closed-toe shoes, no exceptions.
- Wear sunscreen.
- During the afternoon break, we encourage families who live close and are able to pick up their campers to do so. Showers are limited at the building, and clean-up will be much quicker if campers are able to go home. If it’s not possible to arrange getting them home in the afternoon, please consider sending them with a friend that can be picked up.
- Campers that are not picked up in the afternoon will be supervised, but they will need to make arrangements to bring soap, shampoo, towel, change of clothes, etc. at the beginning of the day.
- Nightly dinners are included in the cost.
- Crews consist of teens from various youth groups from around the region. Crew assignments are more-or-less randomly generated to create diversity. This provides a wonderful opportunity to make connections with teens outside of our youth group.
- Each crew will have around 10-20 campers and two or three crew leaders. There are also “sector leaders” that check in with crews throughout the day.
- We are excited to be taking over 40 students to Workcamp. David, Jesse, and the four interns will all be participating as adult leaders.
- If special arrangements need to be made to pick up or drop off a camper from their work site, be sure your camper gets their crew leaders’ contact information. They will receive the address of their work site along with their crew assignments on Sunday night.
- If a student has to miss a day, David and Jesse need to know so they can report to their crew leaders.
Again, please comment below if you have any additional questions. Thank you!
*PLEASE NOTE: The evening meal and worship on Thursday night will be held at Woodmont.